Should this problem occur, proceed as follows:
- Install VirtualMIDISynth
Product page: http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/virtualmidisynth
Direct download of VirtualMIDISynth:
Direct download to the required SoundFont (must be loaded in VirtualMidiSynth)
- Set up playback in FORTE:
Open the corresponding options dialog under: "Options" tab > Group "Devices" > "MIDI-Out".
Select the following device under "Default playback device":
- If you have FORTE Premium: VirtualMIDISynth device
- If you have a different edition: "VST Synth" device
- Enable the option "Always use this device" and click "OK".
- Playback should work now.
We are happy to answer any questions.